Hormone imbalance & nutrition consulting
Health- and life-conditions that I can effectively help
If you would like to lose weight or try a new, healthier diet and are unsure regarding ’how’ to start. I can help you at the start of this journey and support you throughout our regular consultation sessions – these can be online or in-person (if pandemic situation permitting). I can help with the switch to a fully vegetarian or Plant-based Diet: how to start is, what you need to pay attention to and how to put together your daily meals.
If you are suffering from hormonal imbalance problems and would like to gain back your healthy hormonal balance, I can also help with that – be that insulin resistance, thyroid disfunction (underactive or overactive thyroid), PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome), Adrenal gland problems. With the right healthy diet and recommended (natural) dietary supplements, I can help you get back on the right track.
If you are having problems with your menstruation period (too short or very long) – due to hormonal imbalance issues – we can talk about various options within a healthy diet that could help normalize your period; how to be in sync with your period; what natural treatments / methods can you try to gain back your normal periods. E.g. what essential oils you can use, what circadian and infradian rhythm mean, and which Yoga- and Pilates-based exercises you can do personally to help your health.
What happens during consultations?
- We will analyse your 1-week diet-diary to see what needs to be changed or fine-tuned and to reach your goal, which you will have paraphrased during our work together.
- I will make available my various, tried-and-tested tips and recipes that go hand-in-hand with your set-out dietary and life-style goals.
- If you are suffering from hormonal imbalance or open abdominal muscles after giving birth, I can help you get back into shape as a licenced physiotherapist, Pilates-instructor and Hormone Yoga instructor. I am happy to compile a personalized, need-based physical-exercise program as part of the therapy. Such an exercise program is based on the unique Hormone-yoga exercises, and is always based on whatever hormonal imbalances You, as a client have.
a) ’Starter pack’: 2 x 90 minutes, including nutrition / diet consulting – €90
- The first consultation includes a diagnosis and we also begin to work through your current situation, possibilities and overall health.
- After the first consultation, you will receive a tailor-made plan and guidance you can follow in the coming weeks and months in terms of food and dietary supplements you can take. (Please consult your physician for personalized medical advice. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional medical advice or treatment because of something you have read on the Pyhsiotimi.com website. – see full disclaimer on bottom of page).
- During the second consultation, we will discuss what you experienced since beginning to follow your new diet and taking your dietary supplements; and we will fine-tune anything needed to make it more effective.
b) Nutrition consulting + personalised physical exercise program – 5 sessions
- 2 sessions x 90 minutes nutrition consulting +
- 3 sessions x 60 minutes hormone yoga and physio program training
ONLINE or in-person: €150 (save €20)
c) Hormone yoga and personalised physio exercise program – 5 sessions: €140 (save €15)
d) Follow-up sessions to any of the above packages: €25 / session (special price)
Hormone Imbalance: my own story
My name is Timi Frank-Palfi, and I work as a physio and Pilates instructor. When I was diagnosed with insulin resistance (IR) in 2014, I immediately consulted with a dietitian, who prescribed a special diet to be followed. Although this helped me get rid of the extra weight I gained, it didn’t really provide a solution to get my menstrual cycle back on track. I had many questions and doubted many things about whether this diet was right for me at all, and how could I make my full recovery be more effective? My hormone diagnosis results in 2018 weren’t ideal (by far), even though I was fully following the above mentioned diet. This led my endocrinologist to come to the conclusion, that I had early menopause. I refused incretotherapy (targeting my hormones), and went on to find various studies, literature and therapists, that/who could shine some light on the root-cause of my health-problems, and how it could be handled with natural and complementer cures and treatments. This is how I came about finding the plant-based diet school-of-thought, which I adhere to, to this day.
I was always interested in nutritional science, and hence decided to study accredited courses on sports nutrition and vegan/plant-based nutrition in the UK (150+90 hours Vegan nutritionist course, Centre of Excellence, UK; Advanced Sports and Exercise Nutritional Advisor, The Health Sciences Academy, UK), coupled with a hormone-balance course in Hungary. These made me understand ways to tackle my various symptoms, all caused by IR, and finally, I could effectively help normalise my menstrual cycle. The result of my latest glucose tolerance test is also the best in the last 6 years.
I haven’t stopped learning about this topic, and continuously search for and gather new materials, attend courses and read relevant literature – so I can help myself and YOU! 🙂
The benefits of plant-based diet for women
Every day more and more people realise that meat-based (predan) diets have all sorts of unwanted side-effects, negatively impacting our body and health. Such side effects can be: hypothyrosis, thyroid hyperfunction, insulin resistance, diebetes, hormone imbalance issues, signs of early menopause, early climax are all to do with nutrients missing (or being in excess) in our body. If you want to retain your health as a woman (and all that come with this state of being visible on the outside and felt inside), then it is worth focusing on what you feed yourself daily.
I managed to put all my growing knowledge on and experience in these topics into a structured format, and can help others in the same boat to tackle their health-related issues effectively, in the form of consultations (which include written, tailor-made advices as well). I put together those materials and information that can be of help to ‘beginner’ level IR-patients: what are the various dietary supplements and what sort of diet will you need to keep to effectively fight insulin resistance, get your hormonal imbalance back to normal, avoid early menopause and early climax and be healthy inside and outside, as much as possible.
This website does not contain medical advice. The contents of this website, such as text, graphics, images and other material are intended for informational and educational purposes only and not for the purpose of rendering medical advice. The contents of this website are not intended to substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please consult your physician for personalized medical advice. Always seek the advice of a physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions regarding a medical condition. Never disregard or delay seeking professional medical advice or treatment because of something you have read on the Pyhsiotimi.com website. Before taking any medications, over-the-counter drugs, supplements or herbs, consult a physician for a thorough evaluation. Physiotimi.com does not endorse any medications, vitamins or herbs. A qualified physician should make a decision based on each person’s medical history and current prescriptions.
Education / Completed training courses:
- Advanced Sports and Exercise Nutritional Advisor, The Health Science Academy, United Kingdom, 2018
- Vegan Nutritionist Diploma, Centre of Excellence, United Kingdom, 2020
- Diet and Nutritional Advisor Diploma, (folyamatban), Centre of Excellence, United Kingdom, 2020
- Complementer Hormone balance Consultant workshop
- Nutrition and Lifestyle in Pregnancy, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, 2020
- How our hormone system works, Dr. Zita Csomai, Helica 2020
- Illnesses of the digestive system in the 21st century, Dr. Zita Csomai, Helica 2020
- Vegan Cooking Diploma, Centre of Excellence, United Kingdom, 2020
I was diagnosed with insulin resistance symptoms and Hashimoto-disease in February. Timi helped me put together my new meal-plan, helped with planning my tailor-made physical activities and the necessary nutritional supplements, so my key health indicators could return to normal. She was paying very careful attention to all my neeeds, and made sure I feel fine throughout the therapy. We found the best course of actions to take, and hence my weight loss began successfully; my energy levels returned to normal, as did my health stats. I can thank many things for Timi and will forever be grateful we met. I wholeheartedly recommend her to everyone in need. – Dóri
I tried many different specialists to get help with my metabolic disease issues. None of them proved to work. I met Timi through a series of chance encounters. I am on the diet she recommended for two months now. The reason it works is that this is something I can really keep to on a daily basis. She also helped me on where to source things and ingredients I need, and how to prepare them, where I can get information to read up. She provided me a 15 page long eBook which is full of useful tips and tricks regarding which vitamins and meal plans work for my illness; and which foods naturally contain which vitamins that I need. This was a very important key help at the beginning of my journey. I had loads of questions during the beginning of this journey, for which Timi always helped with solid advice. I highly recommend her as she helps in an organic, natural way and is very up-to-date on international research in these topics. – Bea